Labels

Saturday 3 November 2012

Magazine research

Magazine research




Before collections these images I was adamant I wanted to collect a whole variety of different looking magazine film reviews. However, they all seemed to look exactly the same, despite what magazine they were from. They were all a plain white page, with a logo at the top left, a banner image taken from the film, a white caption in the image itself and the title of the film overlapping the image.

My initial idea was to make the magazine look too much like a poster, and was too focused on the graphic design aspect of it. However, now I have done proper research I understand that magazine  film reviews are actually fairly mundane, and simply hold the information the reader needs to see, and nothing more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment